The Think About Your Eyes Campaign is inviting consumers to “Make a Spectacle of Yourself” with an exciting new Facebook contest. The contest, part of the campaign’s ongoing efforts to promote eye health awareness, encourages entrants to protect their eyes with proper eyewear that blocks 100 percent of UV rays and to show off their eyewear by submitting a photo.
Why is eye healthy awareness so important?
– According to the Vision Council of America, one in four children has a vision problem that can interfere with learning and behavior.
– 80 percent of what we learn is through our eyes, yet 85 percent of America’s pre-schoolers haven’t received a vision exam by age five.
– A pre-kindergarten exam is a must. Don’t assume school offered screenings are enough.
– Studies show that 60 percent of students identified as problem learners have undetected vision troubles.
– 25 percent of all school children in the U.S. have a vision problem significant enough to affect learning.
– 70 percent of juvenile delinquents have uncorrected vision problems.
How to enter Think About your Eyes Facebook Contest: Entrants can submit an original photo of themselves or their child wearing eyewear by visiting the Think About Your Eyes Facebook page and clicking on the Contest tab. The contest begins on June 13 and ends on July 10 and is open to U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older.
AND this gets even better! To help get the word out they are offering ONE Living on Love and Cents reader a $25 gift Visa card.This card will ge mailed directly to you following the giveaway. SWEET!
Entering is super easy thanks to the new Rafflecopter Application that I am using.
- Open to US only
- Comments do not count as entries. You must use the Rafflecopter App to enter. (It is super easy!)
- You must do the mandatory entry! All others are extra but increase your chances of winning.