How to make your own fabric softener sheets
A great way to reduce spending is to make your own cleaning and laundry supplies. This week I experimented with something when I ran out of dryer sheets. I did not have any coupons and I was NOT going to pay full price for dryer sheets. So out of this need came this idea.
You will need:
- washcloths/ dishcloths
- fabric softener of choice
How to make dryer sheets?
- Place your cloths in the bowl spaced out.
- Pour a small amount of fabric softener on the cloths (You only need a little on each)
- Rub the fabric softener into each cloth very well
- Hang from a high dry place to let dry
- Once dry throw one into the dryer with your clothes
- Clothes come out fresh with no residue!
- Cloths should last a few washes
This also makes a fabulous air freshener! As the washcloths hang to dry the smell of the softener fills the air.
For those looking for a more natural option a great alternative to fabric softener is white vinegar. I use this as a fabric softener all the time. For the washer pour it in at the rinse cycle or pour in the fabric softener dispenser. Don’t worry your clothes will NOT smell like vinegar! But they will be very soft and fresh!