**This is a guest post from Charlotte at Stretching your Budget. There you will see that it is totally possible for you to be able to coupon, work, parent, clean, or whatever you do during the day! If you have an article you would like to submit please contact me .**
Lasagna can be very difficult to make, but when I saw this recipe, I knew I had to share it! As a working mom, making delicious homemade dinners isn’t always easy, so I love finding recipes that work for our busy lifestyle. The thing I hate most is the prep time…this recipe only takes 25 minutes! How easy is that? Just let the crockpot do the rest!!
PREP TIME: 25 Min TOTAL TIME: 6 Hr 35 Min SERVINGS: 8
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) Italian-style tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 15 uncooked lasagna noodles
- Cook sausage and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, basil and salt.
- Mix 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses. (Refrigerate remaining mozzarella cheese while lasagna cooks.)
- Spoon one-fourth of the sausage mixture into 6-quart slow cooker; top with 5 noodles, broken into pieces to fit. Spread with half of the cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture. Top with 5 noodles, remaining cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture. Top with remaining 5 noodles and remaining sausage mixture.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 4 to 6 hours or until noodles are tender.
- Sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into pieces.