This weekend we did my daughter’s Justin Bieber party. I could not find a musical themed cake that I was happy with. So… I turned to pinterest and discovered it was posible to make cupcakes look like microphones. So I got to work!
It is really easy! And it is NOT expensive! If you are doing a party on a budget this is a great idea! Here are the simple instructions to make your own microphone cupcakes.
- Ice Cream Cones
- Icing of choice (to make custom colors use food coloring)
- Cupcake / Cake mix of choice
- Jelly Beans or other small heavy candy
1. Make your cupcakes as directed then let them cool completely
2. Fill cones with candy for weight
3. Use icing to top the cone. This will work as a glue when complete to keep cupcake on the cone.
4. Place cupcake on the cone. I took off the cupcake liner and found it fit nicely into the cone. Make sure there is plenty of icing to help secure.
5. Cover cupcakes with same icing. I did some with pink and some with purple.
6. Cover the cupcake with sprinkles. I used silver ball sprinkles for the added sparkle.
7. Let sit and store in fridge