1. Get there early. Plan to arrive about 45 minutes early. You will beat the traffic and get a good parking spot. You will also avoid the long lines to get tickets and enter the park.They start taking tickets about 30 minutes prior to opening. You then have time to get in the park before others. We have found that the park is far less crowded the first 2 hours of the day. You can see shows and enjoy rides with less lines. It is also not as hot as it will be later in the day!
2. Bring your stroller or rent one for $14. The walking required is to much for little feet. You will both be thankful you have this!
3. Buy a souvenir cup. I never do this but in this case it will save you money! You can purchase a cup for $7.99+. You can then get refills for only $.99 the entire season! After 2 refills it has paid for itself and you still get refills for $.99! You will need lots of fluids so this is a great investment.
4. Wear good walking shoes. You will walk a lot! (Bring band aids in case of blisters)
5. Plan your day before you arrive. You can use the awesome Sea World app or go online to see the show times and locations. You can plan where you want to go first and the ride s and show times you do not want to miss. This will make the day run smoother and save time later. I used the app in the park as well because it will give you directions to your next stop from your current location.
6. Bring sunblock then apply and reapply often!
7. Discovery Dollars! This is a great program that you should use. It works in 2 ways:
- Visit a guest center and ask for discovery dollars for the day. You can give them your credit/debit card number. Then you will be given a waterproof bracelet that can be used at most locations in the park. It works as cash and you will be charged at the end of the day.
- You can give them cash. You will be given a bracelet with a bar code on it that can be used as cash at most places in the park. Each time you use it your prepayment will be used. At the end of the day you can visit any guest services and get any remaining money back. This is a great way to keep from over spending too!
8. You can bring a small cooler into the park with you. Max size of 12×12 and it can contain drinks and snack sized foods. You can bring juice packs but no straws are allowed. All bags are checked at the entrance.
9. Be prepared to stay all day and take your time. Plan breaks in your day as you will need them.
10. Be prepared to get wet every where. You never know when water will be coming your way so be prepares. (The Shamu show is very wet!)