If you are looking for an easy craft for kids, this is it! These DIY clothespin magnets were so much fun, that we spent all afternoon working on them. We made monster magnets and catepillar magnets using clothespins. The supplies were super cheap! These would be a fun home school project, Sunday school project for kids, or just a fun afternoon of crafting with the kids.
You will need:
- A package of clothespins (Get at the Dollar Store or Walmart)
- A package of magnets (I purchased self adhesive magnets from the Dollar Store)
- Craft supplies (Use what you already have! We used pipe cleaners, felt balls, rocks, buttons)
- Pipe cleaners for antanena, wings, horns, etc.
- Wiggly Eyes (from Dollar Store)
- Acrylic Paint
- Glue gun
Head outside or to a safe and covered area and let the kids go crazy with paint. Paint as much or as little of the clothespins as you want. We used the sponge brushes and acrylic paint from Walmart, that I already had in our craft bucket.
Once dry, head inside and decorate your creatures. My son wanted to do monsters. My daughter wanted to do caterpillars and angels. So we did a little of everything.
This is a cheap craft for kids. A couple dollars and a bucket of old craft supplies is all we needed. What would you make?