This year has been so much fun. I decided to a softball team mom. Now, this the first time I have done it, and I must admit I was nervous! Thankfully the coach’s wife was amazing and helped me through it.
I am going to be a proud mom for a minute and brag on my daughter.
To say she is passionate about softball would be an understatement!
I found a great DIY lineup for softball on Pinterest. Of course mine did not turn out like the one I saw, but it worked beautifully!
- Foam board from the Dollar Store
- Index cards from the Dollar Store
- Clothes Pins from the Dollar Store
- Marker and stickers if desired
- Cut the foam board in half. I used an Xacto Knife.
- Write each girl’s name on a card
- Get the lineup from the coach
- Number the clothes pins
- Attach each card with the name on it in the order that they will bat. This can easily be changed up for each game.
- Make one clothes pin labeled “NEXT”. Use it after each at bat to keep track of who is up next.
- Find a clip or hook to hang it on the dugout wall.
- Play Ball!
If you have not tried being a team mom, give it a try. You will see all the hard work that goes into running a team. But you will also get so much out of it!