Since we have been watching what we eat, I have been trying new recipes. With all the crazy rain lately, I was craving something healthy, but also something warm and comforting, so I created this healthy chicken noodle soup recipe and it was AMAZING. It is semi-homemade and can be on the table in under 1 hour. This is crazy easy and tastes amazing! ENJOY!
- 1 can low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 box whole grain noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- salt, pepper, parsley, oregano, and basil
- baby carrots
- Add your chicken broth to 3 cans of water. I used the empty broth can.
- Bring to a boil and add baby carrots, onion, and cilantro to the pot.
- Return to a simmer and let sit.
- In a separate pot boil your chicken. You could also put it in coconut oil and cook that way.
- Add desired amount of whole grain noodles to the broth pot and bring to a boil (Use the instructions on your noodles.)
- Add desired amount of salt, pepper, parsley, oregano, and basil. I did a few dashes of each.
- Once the chicken is done, take it out and shred or chop into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Once noodles are soft, add the chicken to the pot.
- Let simmer for about 10 more minutes.
That’s it! Time to sit back and admire your new favorite healthy chicken noodle soup recipe. ENJOY!