Have you found yourself sleeping just as fine on your sofa as on your bed? Do you think this is normal? If your answer is yes to both questions, you really need to rush to your doctor. Many times, people confuse the quality of sleep from the quantity they get. They make the wrong assumption that everything’s fine just because they had a long night’s sleep. But by and by, little problems start appearing that might take a while to notice. These become evident after a long time, or for some, the effect is immediate, but they fail to hook the source of the problem.
You wake up feeling as if you’ve been working all night long, or worse, been worked on. This was my case some years back before I sought professional help. I would feel much better going to standard hotels just to sleep. I could not make out where this desire for other people’s beds came from.
The Solution That Eventually Worked
As I mentioned earlier, my problem became so dire that I had to seek out my Physician. Luckily, he is not a fraud as most are since he had my best interests at heart. So after pouring out my heart like a troubled baby, my Physician laughed.
I must admit, it felt like he was laughing at my situation! But as he closed his book, I knew there was something coming.
“For how long have you been sleeping on your current mattress?” He simply asked. I doubted it could be that simple. But he continued to explain how people end up having major spinal problems in the long run as a result of terrible nights. They boast of living healthy lives, doing regular exercises and eating good food. Thus, they fail to relate the actual source of their discomfort.
“You need to purchase a better mattress, and accompany that with a comfortable bed,” I remember him saying. He went ahead to advise a firm Tulo Mattress since I’m a back sleeper.. He actually had owned his for many years, and it had served him and his wife exceptionally!
It’s been 4 years since I followed that advice. So apart from enjoying a 120-day free trial, this is how my sleep improved:
- No more back and shoulder pains. I thought this was as a result of going to the gym frequently, but alas! The pains subsided some two weeks after getting the mattress.
- I would find myself getting up ready to face each day. Of course, I would crave more sleep, but for once, I wasn’t as tired as worn out as I previously had been. Talk about sleeping like a baby!
- I minimized my numerous ‘business trips’ that were intended to get me some good sleep. Now, I work more from home and only travel when I have to.
- I don’t have to look for specific spots for my mattress to support my full weight. With a firm, uniform base and different layers, support and comfort is only an added assurance. You can find Tulo reviewed in-depth analysis of their layers and firmness.
- No more uncomfortable bumps that used to spring on my previous mattress making me sleep without actually sleeping. Now my night time movements are highly minimized, and I almost find myself waking up as I had slept.
Has Tulo mattress improved my sleep quality? With zero back pains and abnormal morning migraines and a comfortable firm feel, that’s a definite YES! What’s more, the different variety offered has not only worked for me but also for the rest of my family. Nights and daytime rests are now on our ‘cravings’ list!