While visiting College Station Texas you must stop by the George Bush Presidential Library. Here are some of the highlights of our visit. It was education and so much fun! We had so much fun exploring and learning.
President George H. W. Bush and First Lady Barbara Bush were laid to rest in the quiet and beautiful area near the museum.
Tickets range in price from $3- $9.
FREE ADMISSION for the following:
- Children 5 and under
- Texas A&M University and Blinn College Students (with valid ID)
- Active-duty military and up to 5 family members (with valid ID)
- Members of Friends of the GHWB Library
- School groups (including school staff and 1 chaperone per 10 students) with reservations
- Members of other NARA Presidential Libraries
The museum shares things and events that have shaped George Bush’s life and presidency, and frequently changing temporary exhibits present visitors new and interesting perspectives on President Bush.
You will find things like artifacts, film, photographs, documents, music, sound effects and interactive videos, this special museum experience encompasses much of U.S. history since 1941.
Some interesting things include:
- World War II Avenger Torpedo Bomber
- a 1947 Studebaker
- a slab of the Berlin Wall
- replicas of President Bush’s Camp David
- replica of the Situation Room with an interactive feature
- Replica Oval Office that includes his desk and a fun surprise
Fun things to do:
- Try landing a plane on an aircraft carrier
- Have your picture made while seated at the desk in the replica Oval Office
- Watch videos
- Read fun facts
- Sit in the replica of the Situation Room and watch the briefing and pretend you are making decisions
They have a fun activity for the kids. There is a scavenger hunt that includes fun questions and things for the kids to be on the hunt for during their visit. And if they have trouble, they can find the answers in adorable dog houses scattered throughout the museum.
Monday – Sat: 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sun: Noon to 5 p.m.
There is a special section is dedicated to First Lady Barbara Bush and her efforts on behalf of literacy, AIDS awareness and prevention, and volunteerism.
The George Bush Presidential Library and Museum is located on the campus of Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas.
1000 George Bush Drive West, College Station, TX 77845
Parking is free for museum visitors in Lot 41 in front of the museum.