OK y’all! It is June in Texas and that means HOT! Some days all I want is a tall glass of something refreshing and hydrating. This Pineapple Ginger Orange Juice is the perfect healthy and refreshing treat!
I recently bought a juicer and I am loving trying out new recipes. This one was too good not to share!
On a side note I love this new juicer! I have tried something new everyday and it is so much fun! I am using the Aicok Juice Extractor and so far I love it! It has 2 settings for soft or harder to juice items. I have been putting things in full like applies and small oranges and it does it all! YAY!
Not only is it refreshing and hydrating, it has tons of health benefits. Here are a few:
- Oranges are a good source of several vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin C, thiamine, folate, and potassium.
- Oranges have been reported to help reduce blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Pineapple has been shown to help in the treatment of sports injuries, thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties of bromelain.
- One cup of pineapple provides more than 100% of your recommended daily amount of vitamin C.
- Pineapple is rich in manganese which functions as an antioxidant that protects skin cells from damage against UV light, making pineapple especially beneficial in the summertime.
- Anti cancer properties due to gingerol which has been found to help aid in the prevention of breast cancer and many other types of cancers like ovarian cancer cells. Gingerol is also known to protect against skin cancer
- Zerumbone, in ginger, is positively linked to prevention of gastric, ovarian, and pancreatic cancer as it functions as an anti-angiogenic and antitumor drug.