Soda Stream Turns Water Into a Carbonated Beverage!
“Making carbonated water and soft drinks is simple! Turn tap water into sparkling water in under 30 seconds, with no clean-up. Enjoy the freshness and convenience of homemade soda and protect the environment at the same time. No heavy bottles to carry, store at home or throw away. Fizz to your taste and add the flavor of your choice to make your favorite drink. Simple to clean and reuse. With a variety of colors and silhouettes, you’ll be sure to find a soda maker to match with any decor.”
A few years ago we started using a soda stream to help turn plain water into a carbonated drink. We love doing this! It has become something we use daily! But since then they have started producing many other home soda makers. In 2010 they created a Soda Stream that featured a “fizz chip.” This is exactly what I had been wanting…a way to know how much fizz I had put in my drink and a way to see how much was left in my tank.
Fizz’s Amazing Fizz Chip™ Technology Ensures the Fun Never Ends!
- Never Run Out of Gas. The Fizz Chip’s gas level indicator monitors the amount of CO2 left in the carbonator, so you’ll know when it’s time to exchange your carbonator for a full one.
- Monitor Fizz Strength. The Fizz Chip shows the carbonation level in your drink as you press the carbonating button. You’ll make your favorite fizzy drinks perfect every time!
- Available in four bold new colors: black, red, blue, green and pink!
- Starter kit includes: Fizz soda maker with Fizz Chip™, reusable carbonator to fizz up to 60L, reusable BPA-free 1L carbonating bottle, Sodamix Variety 12 pack
So I was thrilled when I got my hands on a Fizz Chip Soda Maker! I received a red soda stream that I LOVE! It goes perfect with my new kitchen colors.
The reason I love the fizz chip is that my husband and I prefer different levels of carbonation. I like a lot of fizz while he likes just a little. In the previous Soda Stream I would just guess how much to do and if I lost track of “squirts” I was out of luck. The Fizz Soda Maker with the Fizz Chip makes that a non issue. It has a very clear digital image on the top that lets you know how much “fizz” you have added. No need to count the times you squirt the carbonation.
It also helps keep track of the carbonator. This way you do not run out. That happened to us on the previous machine. But now we can keep track on the digital screen and be prepared when we run out!
- Pick your favorite flavor. Measure out the flavor using the cap. Fill to the line in the cap.
- Fill your bottle to the indicating line with water.
- Screw the bottle in the soda stream.
- Press down until you hear the loud noise. That is how you know the carbonator squirted. Keep track of the carbonation using the digital screen.
- Remove the bottle from the soda stream.
- Add the flavor and gently slush the bottle back and forth.
- Poor and ENJOY! (It only took about 2 minutes and that was because my 5 year old kept interrupting!)
How does it compare in price?
If you are a heavy soda drinker like my husband and I are then you have surely spent hundreds a year on soda cans and bottles! Then you have the waste of so many cans when you are done! For us, we easily spend $5 per 12 pack, 3 times a week. So in a year that is over $700 we spend on sodas! YIKES! Compare that to what you spend on a Soda Stream:
- Soda Stream Machine starts at $79.95 (one time purchase and includes everything you need to get started!)
- Your favorite flavors including Diet Cola, Cola, Dr. Pete (Dr. Pepper), Energy drinks, Green Tea and so much more start at only $4.99. Each bottle makes approximately 12 liters (about 33 cans) of soda (so more than a 24 pack for the price of a $12 pack! )
- Carbonators $59.99 for 2 spares which makes 120 liters or you can do a cheaper and greater deal if you do exchanges. With exchanges you can get two new ones for $29.99! We purchase ours from home stores for about $15 each. Each bottle will do 60 Litters.
Bottom Line, YES it will save you hundreds a year! That is why we use it and love it! AND we do not have to waste all of those cans. We always say we will take them to the recycling place but we are terrible at remembering. So no more wasted cans or bottles and you save money!
Ready to Shop For Your Soda Stream?
They have many to choose from allowing you to choose the one that does what works best for YOU! You can use the Soda Stream Help Me Choose tool to choose the one that is right for you! The starter packs start at only $79.95 and come with everything you need to get started! The Soda Stream with the Fizz Chip starts at $149.95.
Soda Stream and Living on Love and Cents have teamed up to give one reader their own Soda Stream Starter Kit! This is amazing!
Our giveaway package is a Fountain Jet Soda Lover’s Start-Up Kit ($99.95). It includes:
- Fountain Jet – winner’s choice of color (black/silver, red/silver or white)
- 1 carbonating bottle, reusable for up to 3 years
- Reusable carbonator to fizz up to 60L of soda
- Variety 6-pack of popular sample-size flavors
- 3 full-sized flavors of the winner’s choice
Open to US residence only. Enter using Rafflecopter form below. Comments are welcome but do not count. When following the sponsor a hello or thank you is always welcome but not required.