Have you tried water with cucumber and lemon for weight loss? Have you heard the benefits of a lemon water detox drink? Here are a few reasons you need to try cucumber and lemon combined for the amazing health benefits. As a bonus, it is a VERY refreshing drink.
- Lemons are a good source of:
- Folate is a water-soluble B vitamin known to prevent neural tube defects during pregnancy; it also may prevent cognitive decline, cancer, certain psychiatric illnesses and cardiovascular conditions.
- Potassium builds protein and muscle, maintains normal body growth and controls the electrical activity of the heart.
- Vitamin C is needed for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of the body.
- Lemon is an antioxidant, that can help block damage caused by free radicals, which may play a role in cancer, heart disease and arthritis.
- Lemon help protect the body against immune system deficiencies
- Lemons contain pectin fiber which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial
- It balances maintain the pH levels in the body
- It aids digestion and encourages the production of bile
- Aids in the production of digestive juices
- Cucumbers contain silica, a trace mineral necessary to keep your connective tissue healthy.
- Cucumbers also act as a natural diuretic helping you get rid of that excess water and bloating
- Keeps you hydrated.
- Flushes out toxins.
- Stabilizes blood pressure.
- Helps digestion.
- Keeps kidneys in shape.
- Cucumber contains a hormone needed by the cells of the pancreas for producing insulin.
- Low calorie: An 8.25-inch cucumber only has 45 calories with its skin and 34 calories without its skin.
Some consider this a detox drink because of the toxin flushing properties. I am not personally going to even try the lemon water detox. It requires days of only the water. That is not for me. AND I believe that we can reap some benefits without going to those extremes. I need more than water.
I have added this to my daily routine. I have 1-2 glasses during the day. When I am craving a snack, I pour a glass. Then I fill a 32oz cup and drink 2 of those while taking a hot bath.
It is so good, you will not mind drinking this water. This is a great way to get your water intake for the day. It is also more powerful than water alone. This detox water has been a part of my diet for 3 weeks now. I have discovered I lost 1 pound MORE per week when I include this. We all love faster results, right? I know I do.
How to make water with cucumber and lemon.
- Thinly slice your lemon and cucumber.
- Pour 1-2 liters of water in a pitcher. Add the slices. I do approximately 1/2 cucumber, and 1 full lemon for each pitcher.
- Let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. The longer the better.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy as often as you can.
- Add sprigs of mint to add flavor and boost digestion even more.