This easy indoor beach party for kids has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DipYourWay #CollectiveBias
Summer is coming to a close! Can you believe it? Vacations are wrapping up and back to school shopping is beginning. That means we need to fit in some serious parties and fun before the school bell rings! For fun, I decided to throw an easy indoor beach party for kids. Why indoor? Because it is WAY too hot to be outdoors right now! We may venture out for some games, but the eating will be indoors! If you are considering throwing a simple but awesome end of summer party, you will love these tips from a dad on easy and delicious snacks and decorations.
I was excited to see the new Kraft Dip packaging at Walmart this week. There are 3 varieties that you should look for when you go shopping: Kraft French Onion Dip, Kraft Green Onion Dip, and Kraft Bacon Cheddar Dip. They are the best when it comes to planning an easy party! They are delicious and super easy to serve!
Using the Kraft Dip, I made this fun beach ball veggie tray for our indoor beach party for kids.
Beach Ball Veggie Tray
- Grape Tomatoes
- Sliced Cucumbers
- Baby Carrots
- Kraft Dip– I used the Kraft Bacon Cheddar Dip
- Start with your dip. It will be your center.
- Make your outline with your carrots.
- Fill in the first section with baby carrots.
- The next section with sliced cucumbers.
- The largest section with tomatoes.
- The last section with cucumbers.
Note: These could be substituted with your favorite veggies.
Here is a a step by step image:
Since we will have a vegtable dip, we need a fruit dip to go with it. So I decided to make a yummy cool whip jello fruit dip that is super simple.
Easy Cool Whip Jello Fruit Dip Recipe
- Kraft Jello (The flavor you choose will determine your dessert color) We used blue for the beach theme.
- Kraft Cool Whip 8 ounces
- Boil 2 cups of water and added it to the jello.
- Stir until fully dissolved or about 2 minutes.
- Do not add the cold water as directed, instead go to step 4.
- Add your cool whip to the bowl and stir or whisk until blended.
- Once blended it will look smooth and creamy.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 2 hours to set.Pull out of the fridge and enjoy!
What makes you think of the beach? Use that! I used outdoor lights and some beach decor we have around the house.
I used beach buckets and shovels on the table.
I used beach balls and umbrellas for decor.
I paired the Kraft Bacon and Cheddar Dip with the beach ball veggie tray. That was a fun way to get the kids to eat vegtables.
The Kraft Dip also goes great with crackers!
The jello cool whip fruit dip was paired with a pineapple fruit boat I made.
All of our summertime favorites were at this indoor beach party for kids.
The full spread. I also, turned some buckets upside down so height on the table.
Make it fun and creative!
Be sure to check out more delicious recipes at Kraft.com. Which of the Kraft dips do you love? How do you celebrate the last days of summer?