I have been thinking a lot about self love and imperfections.
Imperfection is not the opposite of perfection, as if it is a state not to be desired. Instead, imperfection is the state of acceptance of self through love. Without seeing who you truly are, you won’t know what to change and what to keep. Perfectionism just throws everything out the window. Here are five ways to truly be free by letting yourself live as you are.
I am Me! “Accept me as I am” is a battle cry. It doesn’t mean that you won’t change detrimental habits because you are embracing who you are. It also doesn’t mean that you are promoting laziness or lack of ambition. What it does mean is that you have taken a look inside of yourself and seen who the person inside truly is. There are things that you like about yourself and also things that you don’t, but it all works together to become the person that you are today.
True change in your life is an act of love. I have decided I can lose weight when I choose to love who I am right now at my current weight. It means that your life, self-esteem, and happiness are not tied to a number. Anything done out of self-hate doesn’t usually last because you are always criticizing your efforts. Nothing is ever good enough because you start off not liking anything about yourself from the beginning. That is why diets working towards a certain number or in hopes of being perfect will never work!
There is nothing healthy about that. Imperfection says that the only way through is with love on board. Accepting and embracing you by celebrating why you are unique. It is getting reacquainted with yourself through a few steps that show the value that was there all along.
5 Ways To Find Freedom In Imperfection
- Take some serious time for introspection! Don’t be afraid to look at yourself honestly. Write down what is positive and what is negative in your eyes. Find ways to change the wording of those negatives so they are now positives that you can embrace. If you think that your ankles are big, find shoes to wear that minimize their appearance as such.
- Discover what you like to do and don’t like to do! Don’t be afraid to say no to events or activities that don’t foster your interests just because it’s a cool or acceptable thing to do.
- Try something new! Try bold colors for clothing or change your hairstyle. There ís nothing wrong with experimenting with new looks to accentuate your positives and give yourself a confidence boost.
- Laugh more! Laughter promotes feel-good endorphin release. Take time out to have fun and take a rest. It is restorative and also promotes health.
- Explore your creative side! Do you have any creative tendencies? Stimulate that side of your brain to bring out attributes you didn’t know you had.
Allow yourself to be human, flawed and free by embracing your imperfect life.