Many of you may feel like me and want to crawl in a hole right now. This is one of those let’s be real posts. I’m having a lot of anxiety right now! I think everything is getting to me. The media. The panicking. The worry. The cancellations. The feeling of the the “world coming to an end” by the news. I pride myself on not living in fear and always staying positive but I think we can all agree this is a lot!
I want you to know however you are feeling right now is OK! We have never been in this place before. It is scary. It is sad. It is uncertain. We need human touch and interaction and can’t have it right now. Even people without Generalized Anxiety and Depression are feeling the strong feelings of depression and anxiety. Those of us with GA and Depression feeling the spiral. This is normal. BUT PLEASE DO NOT GO THROUGH THIS ALONE! PLEASE REACH OUT TO SOMEONE!
Here are a few things you can do right NOW to help:
- Take a bath and listen to music.
- Call a good friend.
- FaceTime your family.
- If social media is stressing you out, get off. There is only one thing on there right now anyway.
- Create something: paint, draw, write, do a puzzle.
- Find a new show on a streaming service you’re excited about. Did you heard Frozen 2 came out early???
- Do something for someone else. Be kind and thoughtful. (Send a card. Make a call. )
- Play games with whoever is quarantine with you.
- Snuggle your kids with they will let you.
- Snuggle and play with your dog.
- Dream about things beyond today and the next couple weeks. Journal those thoughts.
- Rest. Day naps are ok. But don’t sleep the day away.
- Put all diets on hold. Enjoy chocolate or Cheetos without guilt.
- Pray and meditate
- Do an online dance or yoga class. Check YouTube for FREE videos.
- Go for a walk or just sit outside in the sunshine. Just remember to distance yourself.
- Read that book that you purchased but never had time to read.
- Clean or organize the house
- Start or finish a project that you have been meaning to get to
- Foster an animal
So friends, I just want to say I am here for you if you need to talk. Love each other. Love yourself!
What else can you suggest to help keep anxiety at bay while you are staying at home?