Don’t spend money on expensive fall farmhouse garland! Make your own with this Easy DIY Fall Garland tutorial.
This holiday season is all about DIY! I love to craft and haven’t done it in so long. So that is changing this year. But I also don’t have a ton of extra time to work on these projects. I also want to save money. So if it will cost more to make it then it will to purchase it, I’m going to purchase it. If I can make it for less I am going to try to make it! That is where this Easy DIY Fall Garland came in. I saw some beautiful wood bead garland for fall decor online for $15 a strand and thought, I can make that! So I did.
I bought the beads off of Amazon but check your Dollar Tree first. Sometimes they have these beads. When I went in they were all out so I purchased them online. You can find the supply list here.
- Wood Beads – I used Natural Wood Beads and Fall Colored Beads
- Thin Craft or Bakers Twine – I got mine at the Dollar Tree
Now it is time to start. Y’all this is so easy!
How To Make DIY Fall Garland
- Prep your twine and beads
- Start threading in any order that you like
- I did 5 natural and varied 3 colors in between the natural beads
- Once done tie off the ends by making several knots
Tip with the twine. When it starts to unravel here are some options:
- Cover with thin tape if your holes are big enough
- Wet your fingers and use them to twist the ends
- Clip off the frayed part with scissors
Add DIY Tassels if you want. That is another super easy DIY for fall.
I was able to make 4 long stands and add them throughout the house for a fun fall decor. I love them!
Here is a video tutorial: