I love whipping this together and throwing it in the Instant Pot. It is ready in no time with very little effort. SCORE!
Have I mentioned that I LOVE my Instant Pot??? I use it at least once a week! Check out my other Instant Pot Recipes.
All you need is a 5 pound bag of russet potatoes, chicken broth, milk, butter, and your toppings.
Toppings can be anything! We like bacon bits and freshly crated cheese. I also add red pepper to mine. I am sure Sour Cream and Chives would be good too.
How to make Quick and Easy Instant Pot Potato Soup
- Add 1 can chicken broth to the pot.
- Add 2 cans of water to the pot
- Peel and Cut 5 pounds of potatoes
- Add the chopped potatoes to the pot
- Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Add 3 tablespoons butter
- Stir and close the lid. Make sure the release valve is set to seal.
- Set on manual 15 or soup and adjust to 15 mins.
Once the pot beeps do a quick release of the pressure. Be careful! It will be very hot!
Add 1 cup of milk. (I used 2% milk)
Use a potato masher and do 2-3 big smashes.
Stir and pour into bowls.
Add cheese, red pepper and bacon bits or any other toppings to each bowl.
Check out my other Instant Pot Recipes.